Friday 28 March 2014

Blossom Bunny

I have been wanting to knit a little bunny in this gorgeous Lana Stop Angora for a while now and a few days before The Spring Knitting and Stitching show I finally got my act together to make her. I should have been packing kits, printing labels and generally getting ready to load up the shop for the show but . . . I felt the need to knit a pink rabbit.

It took me most of the day to work out this tiny pattern - along with two heads, two bodies, three legs and two ears to get the pattern right. I knew it had worked when I showed my girls the bunny when they got home from school and they both wanted one! Although Poppy did specify - NOT in pink.

The bunny is easy to knit but I thought I would just show you how I made the tiny foot shape.  It is a very effective for tiny items and I have used it quite a few times in my patterns.
 Here's how you do it . . .
1) You have a total of 7 stitches on the needles so knit 5 (leaving 2 stitches unknit).



2) Turn the work around and purl back over 3 stitches.



3) Turn the work again and knit across these three stitches.

4) Repeat the purl row.



5) Then, knit across these three stitches and the two which have not been worked.

After you have worked the next decrease row you will see that there is a ‘bump’ in your knitting which will form the foot.

blossom bunny

Blossom Bunny is now available on my website as a kit. Everything you need to make her is included and costs just £5.99. I think she would make a lovely Easter gift, although I'm sure my girls would want the bunny AND some chocolate!!

1 comment: