Friday 25 April 2014

The radio, too much chocolate and colouring in fabric . . .

Nick loved Floppy Moggy
It's always hard when the kids go back to school after two weeks of getting up later, too much chocolate and trying to fit in work and doing things with the children . . .

Last week I was interviewed by BBC Three Counties Radio for a feature they were doing about Woburn Sands and Woburn. It's a lovely idea to promote the smaller towns and villages which tend to be missed because of the larger local destinations such as Milton Keynes, Bedford and Luton, and I was very happy to go along to help raise the towns' profile.

I had a lovely chat with Nick Coffer and although he was disappointed I wasn’t going to teach him to knit he asked some great questions which were fun to answer.

Of course this meant leaving the children behind but luckily our lovely friends Lucy and Bill came over to keep an eye on them and make sure they had some lunch! Lola said it was funny hearing me on the radio - I hope she meant that in a good way!

A couple of days earlier I had made a little trip to Ikea because a friend of mine had put something on Facebook about some fabric they had to colour in and fabric pens. I couldn't resist the idea of colouring in fabric but of course, I couldn’t just buy a metre so I bought two!


Little did I realise how addictive this would be for everyone . . . It was laid out on the breakfast bar when I left for my interview and any of the family that walked past picked up a pen and coloured in.  Even the teenagers! By the end of the day we had the second piece of material laid out on the floor.

We have had lots of ideas about what to make with this fabric . . . but I think we have settled on a big bean bag. There’s still a bit more to colour in but once it is finished we have plenty of fabric to make one. I have already thought ahead to the one small problem - there will definitely be fighting over who gets to sit on it . . .


This week has been very quiet with the children back at school. It's a short week (we all love those don't we?) and I am looking forward to going into the shop for the Inspiration Knits Trunk Show tomorrow (11-3.30 if you can make it, do drop in!). I have my eye on a couple of hanks of Whimzy yarn that I think will be coming home with me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment